Deadline: 06 November, 2020
Location: Maiduguri, Nigeria
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Logistics Supply Chain Officer.
DRC provides direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, and internally displaced people (IDPs).
- Participate in field-level programme planning formulation and advice on logistics considerations
- Provide technical and operational support to the field office, as well as advice on application of logistics management best practice, systems and procedures
- Implement and manage contracts in forwarding, transport and warehousing, where necessary
- Implement standard DRC logistics systems and procedures as applicable in the Operations Handbook
- Maintain the asset management of all assets in Maiduguri jurisdiction
- Ensure that established movement tracking protocols are adhered to by both the safety unit and all DRC staff
- Coordinate with logistics staff when directed to support field level movement oversight and support
- Maintain car folders and all DRC vehicles and support logistics staff in maintaining the car folders
- Maintain Maiduguri asset register and oversight on all assets that are both utilised and stored
- Coordinate with the DRC logistics and procurement department to ensure that the overall DRC asset register reflects in the Maiduguri current asset register
- Two years, minimum, of work experience at national level in logistics
- Knowledge and experience in dealing with commercial transporters and coordinating supply delivery to remote and insecure areas
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Sound judgment and the ability to work effectively with others at all levels
- Strong assessment, evaluation, analysis and strategic planning skills
- Interpersonal communication and proven writing and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage under stressful conditions
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Danish Refugee Council