Deadline: 15 November, 2020
Applications are now open for the AkiraChix CodeHive Programme.
The programme aims to provide education and economic opportunity to young women from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds who have completed high school education, but are unable to further their education due to financial constraints.
- Tuition-free, accommodation, extracurricular activities, meals, transportation, and personal amenities
- Access to health care during emergencies
- Access to technology hubs in Nairobi for tech events
- Access to a selected pool of mentors for guidance on careers and personal growth
- Access to conditional six-month incubation after the one-year programme
- Applicant must have completed high school no later than 2019
- Applicant must have a high school certificate as proof of graduation
- Applicant must be a young woman aged between 18 and 24 in January 2021
- Applicant must be fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Applicant must be a resident of Kenya, Rwanda or Uganda
- Applicant must have a passport or National ID of country of origin
- Applicant must be available from 16 January to 01 December, 2021
- Applicant must be willing to live on the AkiraChix campus throughout the programme
- Applicant must be a changemaker and committed to service in host community
- Applicant must demonstrate leadership
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: AkiraChix