Deadline: 13 November, 2020
Applications are now open for the Africa No Filter Narrative Research Fellowship Programme for Emerging Scholars.
The programme aims to address this shortage of research about Africa by African scholars by investigating and unpacking narratives about the continent.
Africa No Filter is funded by Ford Foundation, Bloomberg, Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, Luminate, Open Society Foundations, Comic Relief and the Hilton Foundation.
- Scholars will receive funds to conduct their studies
- An initiation workshop, which will include comprehensive feedback from leading academics
- Monthly meetings with one of the advisory committee members
- Shared resources for literature review
- A writing workshop with leading academics
- Comprehensive feedback from leading academics on draft report and on the preparation of a journal article
- Priority will be given to African scholars from African countries or from the diaspora who are currently undertaking a PhD or a postdoc, or those who have been in junior academic posts for less than three years
- Applicants should be based at a recognised academic institute
- Preference will be given to scholars who have experience in line with the research programme and/or content analysis skills
To apply and more information, click here.