Deadline: 27 October, 2020
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
African Development Bank (AfDB) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Director General.
AfDB’s mission is to spur sustainable economic development and social progress in its regional member countries (RMCs).
- Build a team of highly talented and motivated technical and operational staff drawn from all sector complexes
- Enable the bank to improve the quality of all projects and deliver high-quality portfolios to meet the needs of regional member countries and the private sector
- Support countries in the development of country strategy papers and regional integration strategies that will drive country ownership and accelerated delivery on all ‘high-five’ priorities of the bank
- Develop critical resources and the technical capability necessary for sourcing and originating bankable projects
- Include collaboration with the private sector on projects with regional social impacts
- Ensure efficient and effective project completion by streamlining and speeding up internal processes, enhancing operational efficiencies, and driving accelerated disbursements on all approved projects
- Cultivate and ensure a culture of ‘ONE-Bank’, with the highest levels of ethics, fiduciary responsibility and professionalism, to protect and enhance the reputation of AfDB
- Represent the bank in the region and build strong partnerships with countries, regional economic communities, and other development partners
- Master’s degree or its equivalent in Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Business Law, or a related discipline
- 15 years, minimum, of experience in international development finance or with a leading private sector financial institution
- Experience in project planning, development, and management
- Ability to engage effectively at the senior-most levels across the public, private, and civil society sectors, and to mobilise partners for transformative action
- Ability to communicate orally and write effectively in English and/or French
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Rwanda Government