Deadline: 15 November, 2020
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
African Development Bank (AfDB) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of AFAWA Officer.
AfDB’s mission is to spur sustainable economic development and social progress in its regional member countries (RMCs).
- Work closely with the private sector finance Department and other relevant AfDB departments, organise/participate in business development missions through market analyses and meetings with existing and potential clients to identify potential areas for AFAWA support to increase access to financial services for women in East Africa
- Include pipeline identification and participation in client due diligence and appraisal, identification of technical assistance and capacity building support
- Prepare AFAWA TA pitch books and project proposals approval reports including project objectives, scope of work, key deliverables, timelines, budget and expected outcomes and impacts with input from the client and relevant bank departments
- Work closely with the AFAWA coordinator to enhance the ability of key partners in implementing some of AFAWA’s major initiative
- Participate in the review of both lending and non-lending projects within the ambit of the AFAWA programme, strengthen the provision of operational inputs for the mainstreaming of AFAWA key performance indicators, including the identification of women entrepreneurship indicators and development outcomes and specific technical assistance activities
- Work closely with the gender, women and civil society department, as well as the financial sector, private sector and other sector departments to harmonise the integration of AFAWA in AfDB’s operations
- Provide market intelligence on the women’s market and business case for investing in women, recommend innovative and operational products/toolkits with the aim of addressing adequately the challenges women entrepreneurs face in accessing finance and markets and achieve the objective of AFAWA
- Prepare and draft internal and external project documents and reports, e.g., project documents, mission reports, project supervision and completion documents
- Monitor and review project implementation, scope of work and resources deployed, to ensure project qualitative and quantitative milestones are achieved, and corrective actions taken when necessary
- Master’s degree or its equivalent in Development Finance, Business, Economics, or a related field (relevant qualification in investment appraisal and project finance is a plus)
- Six years, minimum, of SME finance experience
- Experience in developing gender financing products is an asset
- Good command of undertaking comprehensive due diligence and clients portfolio data analysis as well as SME banking practices
- Experience in financial and investment policy engagement, particularly in relation to inclusive finance and women’s access to credit
- Experience in designing and leading technical assistance and capacity building programmes for SMEs and more specifically women-owned SMEs
- Strong client relationship management skills, including the ability to develop and maintain mutually beneficial stakeholder relationships with senior management and ensure timely and appropriate follow-up
- Ability to identify possible shortcomings of clients (and to propose solutions formulated through detailed technical assistance proposals)
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English and French.
- Knowledge of Arabic is an asset
- Knowledge of standard Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of SAP (desirable)
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: AfDB