Location: Abuja, Nigeria
ACTED, a non-governmental organisation that provides emergency assistance to the most vulnerable populations, has announced a call for application for the position of Project Development Manager.
Present in Nigeria since 2017, ACTED teams are supporting displaced and conflict-affected populations in the northeast of Nigeria.
The NGO provides assistance through building emergency shelters, distributing non-food items, assisting in the management of camps for displaced persons or providing logistical support as well as information management services to the humanitarian community.
- Analyse the country’s socio-economic situation, donor trends, needs and gaps
- Regularly conduct stakeholder analysis, in particular, who does what and where (3W)
- Alert the country director of gaps and emerging needs in order to trigger assessments in a timely manner
- Contribute to the development of a country programme strategy in alignment with ACTED global/regional strategy
- Maintain active and regular working relationships with donors and act as point of contact for all donor communication, including the coordination of donor visits in the field
- Maintain active and regular working relationships with other NGOs, UN agencies, clusters, working groups, Alliance2015, consortia and academia
- Ensure the establishment and regular update of a directory of donors, international and local NGOs, other partners and stakeholders
- Lead the reporting to national and local authorities as required by ACTED registration/legal status in country
- In the absence of technical coordinators, represent ACTED in key clusters, working groups, HCT and NGO coordination bodies
- Identify funding opportunities
- Identify new donors for diversifying ACTED donors’ portfolio including private companies and private foundations
- Contribute to the identification of potential relevant international and/or local partners (private sector partners, national and international NGOs, think tanks, academia, etc.) to be included in proposals
- Liaise with AMEU to contribute to the ToRs of assessments to be conducted for proposal development and ensure their input in the logframe development
- Oversee the development of fundraising documents (expression of interests, concept notes, proposals) in line with ACTED country strategy and donor requirements and in close collaboration with ACTED HQ GMU (grant management unit) and finance
- Liaise with area coordinators, project managers and technical coordinators to ensure that proposals are relevant and technically sound
- Ensure that learning from previous projects is incorporated into new proposals
- Postgraduate diploma in International Development and or relevant master’s degree in Anthropology, Development Studies, Humanitarian Aid, Sociology
- Strong writing abilities and analytical skills
- Skills in political science or international relations
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Previous experience in the humanitarian field, proposal development, and donor relations
- Previous experience abroad
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: ACTED