Deadline: 30 September, 2020
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) has called for entries for the National Art Competition themed ‘Sheroes’ in Nigeria.
The competition, designed by UNESCO Abuja under the European Union-United Nations Spotlight Initiative in Nigeria, is aimed at raising awareness about VAWG/SGBV/HP among the public, and to support the zero-tolerance-of-violence environment promoted by the Spotlight Initiative.
According to the Nigeria Demographic and Health Survey (NDHS) 2013, about 30 percent of women aged 15–49 have reported experiences of sexual abuse.
It is also estimated in the Multiple Indicator Cluster Survey (MICS) 2016–2017 that 23 million girls and women were engaged in child marriages and about 25 percent of women and girls have undergone female genital mutilation.
- First-place finisher will receive a laptop and a winning certificate
- Second-place and third-place finishers will receive smartphones and certificates, while the remaining top-ten finishers will receive mystery gift boxes and winning certificates
- All the participants will be awarded with electronic participation certificates
- This competition is open to all the residents in Nigeria between 21 August and 31 December, 2020
- Women, girls and persons living with disabilities are strongly encouraged to participate
To enter and for more information, click here.