Deadline: 23 December, 2020
Trust for Sustainable Living (TSL) has called for entries for the 2021 School Debates and Summit.
This edition, themed, ‘Protecting Biodiversity’, is aimed at primary and secondary school students, supported by teacher champions, parents and schools.
It is understood that the world is still placing huge pressure on biodiversity and seeing continued global biodiversity loss as a result.
In a period many scientists are calling the sixth mass extinction, students are invited to share their ideas on what can be done to turn this around.
- Grand prize trophy winner will receive a free international trip to a TSL summit, including £500 spending money
- The top ten essay medallists will receive eco-friendly e-medals with redeemable gift tokens included
- All participating teacher champions, essay finalists and honourable mentions, and debate participants, will receive personalised e-certificates
- Open to schoolchildren around the world
- Entrant should submit one essay in English, entitled, ‘How can we protect biological diversity and stop the sixth mass extinction?’
- Individuals under the age of 19 and anyone else who is below the age of majority of their place of residence must have the consent of a parent or legal guardian to enter the competition and be eligible to receive any prizes
- Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are reproduced, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way
To enter and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Africa University