Deadline: 15 October, 2020
The Luc Hoffmann Institute (LHI) has announced a call for entries for the Beyond Tourism in Africa Challenge
The challenge is aimed at discovering and incubating new revenue models that do not depend on tourism, but still enable local communities within African countries to derive income from wildlife, manage their natural resources sustainably, and improve their collective well-being.
- Successful applicants will win a place in the African Leadership University’s eight month incubation programme
- Participants may receive a grant of up to US$10,000 from the organisers as early seed money
- Any individual or team with bold ideas from around the world may apply
- Applicants must demonstrate their strong links to the geographic context of their idea
- Team lead must be at least 18 years old and teams may have a maximum of three members
- Submissions must be in English, but native and non-native English speakers are encouraged to apply
To enter and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Jim Paton