Deadline: 12 September, 2020
Location: Cairo, Egypt
The World Bank Group (WBG) is seeking to fill the role of Investment Analyst.
The bank, with 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, works with public and private sector partners, invests in groundbreaking projects and uses data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges.
The WBG consists of five specialised institutions: the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), the International Development Association (IDA), the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA), and the International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes.
- Understand the financial aspects of investment or advisory transactions, including how to conduct market analysis and determine financial soundness of company or project opportunity
- Skill of financial statement analysis, accounting, finance, financial modeling, DCF, and comparable company analysis to support informed decision making
- Ability to conduct market and industry research and analysis
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail, thoughtful scenario analysis, and diligence in the quality of own work
- Ability to analyse and synthesise debt pricing benchmarks and equity trading comparables
- Basic understanding of how specific investments or advisory transactions in different industries and sectors impact economic, market, and social development, and how to use mapping methodology to assess market conditions, gaps, and business opportunities
- Identify data collection needs to support the assessment of financial, operational, development impact, and market information
- Work with clients to obtain needed information
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent
- Three years, minimum, of experience in a financial institution, particularly in investment projects
- Ability to develop complex financial models
- Knowledge of development finance and multicultural environments
- Ability to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries
- Knowledge of financial markets
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills including corporate/project finance
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely (orally and in writing)
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in French is a plus
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: USAID in Africa