Location: Imo State, Nigeria
Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is seeking to fill the position of Finance Associate.
WEWE is a woman-led, faith-based non-governmental organisation (NGO).
- Assist with the processing of financial transactions and frequently contact staff at various levels in the state office, and with bank officials, to exchange information related to the functions of WEWE WASH bank account maintained by the bank
- Ensure that financial transactions and reconciliations are processed in line with relevant policies and procedures
- Ensure financial reports are timely provided according to financial guidelines
- Maintain financial records and monitor systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports
- Select and enter data from a wide variety of documents, verifying accuracy by checking sources, making necessary calculations and assuring inclusion of all relevant data
- Advise and assist staff members, experts and consultants on all aspects of travel claims and other financial matters
- Perform other related duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Two year, minimum, of post-NYSC experience in handling NGO accounting and finance
- Working knowledge of Quick-book accounting package
- Experienced managing USAID funded programmes
- Ability to travel and work in difficult settings, including remote rural areas
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, or similar software
- Well-organised, with ability to track multiple activities and deadlines
- Experience in providing administrative leadership and support to work teams
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: USAID in Africa