Deadline: 31 October, 2020
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) has announced a call for applications for the third-generation genomics and bioinformatics for agribiosciences in Africa.
The Biosciences eastern and central Africa Hub (BecA-ILRI Hub) is a co-creation by ILRI and the African Union.
Established in 2003, the hub has a mission of strengthening the capacity of African countries in terms of biosciences for agricultural research.
To fulfill its mission, the BecA-ILRI Hub supports its activities through three pillars: excellence in research, world-class technology platforms, and end-to-end capacity building.
- All costs covering flight tickets from the country of residence, accommodation in Nairobi and a monthly allowance
- Open to citizens of African countries affiliated with a research institution in Africa
- Applicants will have to demonstrate active support from their home institutions.
- The applicant’s home institution should already have a minimal molecular biology lab, with basic equipment for DNA extraction and quality checking, polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and gel electrophoresis
- The applicant’s home institution should commit to equip itself with a MinION starter pack or any other sequencing device enabling native single-molecule sequencing
- Applicants must have earned a master’s degree in Biological Sciences, Genetics, Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Biotechnology, Agricultural Sciences, or other related fields
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: USAID in Africa