Deadline: 09 October, 2020
Location: Moroto, Uganda
The Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) is seeking to fill the role of FAO Programme Assistant.
FAO is a specialised agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
- Assist the programme officer/field coordinator in the implementation of field activities in desert locust affected and threatened communities that cut across humanitarian and development assistance which may include, but not limited to, community mobilisation, beneficiary registration, training of beneficiaries, input distribution, and participate in monitoring and verification exercise to validate service delivery progress and completion
- Support FAO-led preparation, finalisation and implementation of activity work-plans, monitoring and other implementation tasks, ensuring that the necessary synergy is built with other ongoing initiatives in the districts
- Liaise with the service provider and district extension agents, in coordination with the FAO project team, to prepare the appropriate training content and any other necessary backstopping requirements and ensure that beneficiaries are trained and are able to apply the recommended agronomic, soil and water conservation management practices
- Provide efficient communication with suppliers and service providers on receipt, storage and distribution of FAO inputs and assets at the field-level under the coordination of the programme officer/field coordinator
- Monitor day-to-day implementation by FAO service providers in Karamoja sub-region in eastern Uganda, including suppliers and implementing partners, with the provision of continuous feedback on service providers’ performance to the programme officer/field coordinator
- Provide routine updates to FAO’s programme officer/field coordinator on implementation progress, ensuring that all activities on the ground are technically sound and meet expectations of government, donors and the communities being served
- Document and share with the programme officer/field coordinator lessons-learnt and provide evidence-based recommendations to address emerging issues and build on best practices to ensure effective and timely delivery
- In the absence of programme officer/field coordinator, participate in the relevant project-related meetings and missions to ensure the visibility of FAO in all essential activities while preserving the corporate image of FAO
- Produce a comprehensive activity report of the assignment based on above outlined tasks and responsibilities
- Undertake any other activities as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Rural Development, Programme Management or a related fields
- Three years experience in programme/project implementation
- Working knowledge of English
- National of Uganda
- Working knowledge of Ng’karimojong
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Charles Haynes