Deadline: 16 October, 2020
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) has launched applications for the Leadership for Africa Scholarship Programme.
The programme, according to DAAD, will support 55 master’s degrees at German universities.
Leadership for Africa offers scholarships for studies in Germany to qualified applicants in all fields of study with the exception of Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Dentistry, Law, the Arts and Architecture.
- Monthly scholarship rate payments of €861
- Adequate health, accident and private/personal liability insurance in Germany
- Travel allowance
- One-off study allowance
- Family allowance and monthly rent subsidy (if applicable)
- Six months of language course in Germany before the start of the programme, including the coverage of the test fees for a German language certificate
- Applicant must be a citizen and resident of Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda or Sudan at the time of application
- Applicants should hold refugee status in their host countries
- Applicant must have a bachelor’s degree, minimum, at the time of arrival in Germany
- Last academic degree must not be older than six years at the time of application
- Female students are strongly encouraged to apply
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: UNHCR/Antoine Tardy