Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Cooperative for Assistance and Relief Everywhere (CARE) International is seeking to fill the role of Country Director.
CARE, an international NGO with local staff and community partners in 100 countries, creates local solutions to poverty and inequality.
- Representation and relationships/communication, information and public relations
- Development and implementation of new business model
- Programme development and implementation
- Country office strategic and operational planning and implementation
- Country office financial, budget and administration management
- Human resources development and management/safety and security
- Ensure CARE’s stance on protection, sexual harassment exploitation and abuse (PSHEA) is monitored and adhered to by staff, partners and individuals/organisations
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate educational background and qualifications commensurate with the seniority of the position
- Eight years, minimum, of experience as a senior manager in international development and humanitarian assignments in contexts similar to Nigeria
- Fluent in English (speaking, reading and writing)
- Demonstrated experience in leading strategic and operational planning in complex international setting
- Strong human resource management skills including capacity building, coaching and conflict management
- Solid understanding of Nigeria context, including crisis context, development trends, private sector dynamics and strong knowledge of key stakeholders
- Strong representation, influencing and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated experience and management skills in business startups, change management, organisational development or equivalent combination and experience
- Demonstrated commitment to gender equality, diversity, equity and inclusion
- Demonstrated self-awareness, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and experience with financial management as demonstrated by ability to manage complex budget and ensure donor compliance and reporting
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: US Embassy Botswana