Deadline: 31 August, 2020
The Joke Waller-Hunter Initiative is seeking nominations for its grant programme designed to create opportunities for young people in the environmental sector in developing countries.
Young people working for environmental civil society organisations (CSOs), especially in developing countries, often have few opportunities to develop leadership skills due to lack of resources for schooling, training or practical learning.
However, by giving small grants to individuals to expand their knowledge, experience and training, the Initiative aims to strengthen the capacity of environmental civil society organisations.
- Minimum of €2,500 and maximum of €7,000
- The nominator should be someone familiar with the candidate’s work
- Candidates should be ‘young’ people who work or are affiliated with environmental CSOs in developing countries and emerging economies who have shown potential for and interest in further developing their leadership
- Proof of an excellent track record in fully embracing the idea of sustainable development with a focus on ecological sustainability, working for the CSO sector, and showing potential and ambition towards becoming a leader in field of work
- Application for nominations must be done in English
To nominate and for more information, click here.
Photo source: UK Department for International Development