Deadline: 17 August, 2020
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
The Women’s Rights and Protection Alternative (WRAPA) is seeking to fill the position of Project Consultant for development of manuals.
The WRAPA is a women-focused non-governmental organisation with a mission to actualise the legal rights of women in private and public spaces through locally driven solutions.
- Carry out literature review on best practices and similar successful programmes
- Develop a step-by-step manual that informs and educates women and girls on their intrinsic ability to create a shift in social norms through expressions of skills, thematic and implementation focus
- Develop sensitive and flexible approaches most suited in the target communities
- Harmonise approaches and related and relevant content in a manual form
- Deliver first draft product for review
- Revision of manual with project’s team comments/feedback
- Submission of final product
- Seven years, minimum, of progressively responsible relevant experience, preferably in the promotion of women’s access to justice, international, national laws and policies on gender equality and women’s rights
- Three years, minimum, of experience in the development and provision of support programmes for survivors of gender-based violence, including legal services and advice
- Five years, minimum, of experience in programme design, implementation, reporting, and monitoring
- Good experience in conducting workshop and management, including participatory training approaches
- Good knowledge of latest development in international best practices related to the topic
- In-depth knowledge of development and women’s rights issues.
- Experience in developing high-level research and working with project teams
- High-level communication and facilitation skills, especially for engaging with stakeholders for research
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: WRAPA