Deadline: 23 August, 2020
The World Bank Group (WBG) has opened the application for the 2021 WBG-Africa Fellowship Programme for recent Ph.D. graduates from sub-Saharan Africa.
The fellowship is designed for young, talented African nationals who are completing, or have recently completed their Ph.D. programmes in areas relevant to the World Bank’s work.
It is understood that since its inception, the programme has built a strong pipeline of young Africans interested in a career in development, international institutions, African governments, think tanks, and academia.
With 189 member countries, staff from more than 170 countries, and offices in over 130 locations, the World Bank Group is a body working for sustainable solutions that reduce poverty and build shared prosperity in developing countries.
- Interact with seasoned experts in development
- Contribute to World Bank Group’s mission
- Worker’s compensation insurance
- Selected candidates will be hired for six months starting January 2021
- Fellows are eligible to receive consultant fees
- Fellows are eligible to spend six months getting hands-on experience at World Bank Group headquarters in Washington, D.C.
- Women, who are Ph.D. holders, are encouraged to apply
- Be under the age of 32
- Possess quantitative and analytical skills
- Be a recent Ph.D. graduate (within three years of completion) or be enrolled in the last year of the Ph.D. programme
- Have an excellent command of English (both written and verbal)
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: WorldBank