Deadline: 11 September, 2020
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
The World Health Organisation (WHO) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Strategy Specialist.
The primary role of the WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
- Provide high-level advice and guidance to the heads of units in optimising annual work plan areas and operational plans including human resources needs and deliverables
- Analyse and provide recommendations on team structure to enable individual teams to deliver on work plans
- Prepare and participate in high priority representational and donor meetings to analyse the alignment on mutually important strategic areas for proposals and engagement
- Develop the WHO aligned team management systems to record and track activity completion and impact
- Develop and agree on a set of criteria to evaluate and prioritise opportunities as they emerge, including a description of strategic choices and trade-offs and organisation implications related to each opportunity
- Work in close collaboration with staff and other consultants on strategy, grant proposals, recording and tracking of progress and other high priority projects as assigned
- Advanced degree (master’s level or above) in Law, Management, International Affairs, Public Administration, Public Policy, Public Health, or a related field
- Ten years, minimum, of relevant professional international work experience in global health
- Knowledge of immunisation
- Knowledge of WHO mandate and goals
- Experience in supporting an organisational change process
- Experience in strategy development, high level of organisation and project management
- Experience at the international level
- Experience and knowledge of UN environment
- Knowledge about the global health environment and vaccines in particular
- Knowledge of English
- Intermediate knowledge of French
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: USAFRICOM