Deadline: 02 September, 2020
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
The World Food Programme (WFP) is recruiting to fill the position of Logistics Officer (Food Technologist).
The WFP is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
- Inspect WFP central warehouses and sub-offices to ensure quality control procedures are followed
- Conduct quality checks for locally procured food at supplier’s warehouses and upon receipt by WFP
- Process the documentation needed for quality certification
- Conduct inspections of central warehouse and EDPs to ensure that correct commodity management and record keeping practices are being applied
- In consultation with the head of the supply chain management unit, review existing standard operating procedures on commodity management and formulate new guidelines commodity quality control as needed
- Monitor the performance of WFP food inspection companies and fumigation service providers
- Follow up on their recommendations and warehouse requests for pest control intervention and reconditioning
- Coordinate and supervise the fumigation of infested food
- Conduct on-the-job training of WFP staff and cooperating partners
- Coordinate and supervise milling contracts
- University degree (master’s) in Food Science and Technology, Agriculture, Industrial Chemistry, or a related field
- Five years, minimum, of experience in agriculture, post-harvest handling, quality control and assurance on food commodities (particularly with grains and pulses)
- Fluency in both written and oral communication in English and/or French
- Fluency in Kinyarwanda is essential
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: DFAT