Deadline: 27 August, 2020
Location: Northeast, Nigeria
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Humanitarian Access Technical Assistant.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Participate in the Nigeria access strategy implementation
- Travel to relevant LGAs/areas that NRC operates in or plans to operate new programmes and facilitate the process
- Update the actor mapping sheet with relevant contacts that influence the NRC operations in northeastern Nigeria
- In close collaboration with humanitarian access, build a network of key informants from the community, local authorities or gatekeepers
- Keep records of any access challenges, solutions and lessons learnt
- Facilitate access for NRC activities at the field level and camps
- Conduct access assessment in new areas based on programmatic demands
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Minimum of diploma in Social Sciences
- One year, minimum, of relevant experience within field of expertise in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Understand humanitarian access and principles
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Liaison and negotiation skill with non-government stakeholders
- Knowledge of northeastern Nigeria
- Fluency in English (both written and verbal)
- Fluency in Hausa, Kanuri and Shuwa languages
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Norwegian Refugee Council