Deadline: 31 August, 2020
Applications for the Data Science Fellowship Programme are now open.
The programme is part of Kaduna State’s data revolution plan aimed at strengthening the coordination in the collection and use of data for evidence based decision making.
The data lab project is jointly implemented by the Kaduna State government, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and Natview Foundation for technology innovation.
- Chance for participants to upgrade their skills and develop a career in the most sought after industry in the world
- Opportunity to work with the public sector across health, education, agriculture and infrastructure to make impact through the use of data
- Contribute to development planning, public policy, and use of data for evidence-based decision making in the health sector
- Six months of fully paid internship programme with industry leaders and stakeholders within the health sector
- Model data using artificial intelligence and machine learning tools within the Amina J. Mohammed SDGs data lab
- Build a sustainable network within the data science ecosystem
- Applicant must be between the ages of 18 and 35
- Applicant must be a resident of Kaduna State
- A graduate of tertiary institution in any of the STEMS courses, particularly Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Physical Sciences, and any other health related discipline
- Undergraduates studying courses tied to any of the aforementioned STEM fields who are doing their six months to one year internships are also encouraged to apply
- Must have basic computer knowledge
- Must be able to communicate in written and verbal English
- Fifty percent gender balancing and distribution will be considered during selection process
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: USAID in Africa