Deadline: 31 August, 2020
FITC has called for submission of applications for the Youth Connect Essay Challenge 2020.
The Youth Connect Essay Challenge is organised to harness the creativity and innovation mindset of the African youth in promoting growth and development in Africa.
The objective is to develop in undergraduate students the habit of contributing to national and global issues, as well as providing policymakers with an accessible perspective.
Also it aims to promote excellence and knowledge amongst young minds, putting them in the shoes of gamechangers and problem solvers in the African landscape and the world at large.
- The winner will receive $1,000, a laptop computer, and attend a leadership certification programme and a one-year mentorship programme
- The first runner-up will receive $500, a laptop computer, and attend a one-year mentorship programme
- The second runner-up will receive a laptop computer and attend a one-year mentorship programme
- Open to undergraduates from all tertiary institutions in Africa
- The essay can be in English or French and must not exceed 1,000 words
- Entrants are expected to show originality, creativity, clarity and focus on the topic
- Essays must be original and unpublished, and plagiarised entries will be disqualified
- Essays must be written by one person as co-written essays will not be accepted
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: FITC