Deadline: 31 August, 2020
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of National Administrative Assistant.
The FAO is a specialised agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
- Build network of collaboration with governmental and organisational counterparts to facilitate programme coordination and promotion
- Develop and negotiate effective working relationships with international, regional and national stakeholders and promote FAO positions and capacities in collaborative activities with external counterparts
- Monitor and identify critical programme issues where FAO inputs/involvement is needed, and organise information flows from external collaborators to programme units
- Facilitate mobilisation of resources by supporting the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of assigned programmes/projects, etc
- identify challenges and issues to be addressed and initiate corrective actions
- Promote FAO positions and capacities in collaborative activities with external counterparts
- Lead in preparation of concept notes and related documents/reports (work programme, programme budget, etc)
- Advanced university degree in International Relations, Public Relations, Political Science, and International Cooperation for Development, Development Economics or a related field
- Three years, minimum, of relevant experience in partnership building, fundraising, negotiations, public relations/advocacy, preferably in the areas of food and agriculture
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of French or of one of the other FAO official languages
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills
- Readiness to carry out visits to project sites and duty travel as required
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in emergency situations with tight deadlines
- Experience in a liaison function
- Excellent team-building and cross-cultural skills
- Thorough knowledge of FAO’s PCM guidelines and requirements
- Sound knowledge of FAO’s procedures and guidelines
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Alex Roberts