Deadline: 05 August, 2020
Location: Rome, Italy
Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Recruitment Policy Specialist.
FAO is a specialised agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
- Conduct a review of existing recruitment and selection policies and procedures for all categories of staff
- Research relevant regulations, rules, policies, and practices of other UN entities to identify needs for changes in FAO’s recruitment policies and procedures
- Manage the timely development, production and dissemination of recruitment policies and guidelines for all categories of staff
- Develop a communication strategy for the revised recruitment policies and conduct briefings/training both in HQ and the field offices
- Coordinate the implementation, dissemination, and communication of guidelines for reference checks with the shared services centre, including the use of the UN clear check database
- Prepare presentations, talking points and other inputs for chief recruitment and director, OHR on recruitment processes and procedures
- Monitor and provide quality assurance, ensuring consistency of messages and rapid response to inquiries and information requests related to recruitment policies and procedures
- Perform other relevant functions as required
- University degree in Human Resources Management, Law, Social Sciences, or a related field
- Advanced university degree (master’s degree or equivalent) in Human Resources Management, Law, Social Sciences, or a related field will be considered a strong asset
- Work experience in UN agencies and major international organisations
- Seven years, minimum, of proven extensive experience in drafting recruitment policies and guidelines.
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of one of the other FAO languages (French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Russian)
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: SME Loans