Deadline: 21 August, 2020
Applications are open for the Urban Links Africa Solution Programme. The programme is designed to find sustainable, long-term solutions to African challenges.
Urban Links Africa has been established by the UK’s national centre of excellence for urban innovation, Connected Places Catapult (CPC), to help partnerships between UK SMEs and South African/Kenyan organisations to develop innovative technology solutions to key urban challenges in some of Africa’s most rapidly emerging cities.
In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, CPC will support up to 15 UK and South African/Kenyan partnerships to develop their technology solutions via the online platform, with additional support from experts and key stakeholders.
- Tier one partnerships will get up to £25,000, while tier two partnerships will get up to £40,000
- For African organisations, being a part of the Urban Links Africa project will allow for international collaboration which can lead to joint ventures and commercial opportunities in the urban space
- Deep cross-cultural experience
- Expertise in product and service development and testing
- Business support
- Guidance from in-house economists on how to assess the impact of solutions on the market and
- Applicants must provide a statement on how each partnership will address gender equality and social inclusion in their projects
- All teams must be formed by an equitable partnership between at least one UK SME and at least one South African or Kenyan organisation
- The organisations which form the partnership should reflect the country of the challenge being addressed
- Applicant must provide information about match funding
- Solution must be between TRL two and seven
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: GovernmentZA