Deadline: August 28, 2020
The Consortium to Promote Human Rights, Civic Freedoms and Media Development in sub-Saharan Africa (CHARM-AFRICA) has invited journalists, media professionals and producers to apply for its 2020 Media Fellowship.
The fellowship is part of CHARM-Africa’s ongoing work to protect and expand the space for civil society organisations and human rights defenders, as well as nurture and enhance the effectiveness of independent media and journalism in Africa.
- A cash award of $3,000 to cover time and expenses
- Introduction and access to sources
- Introduction and connections with CIVICUS Alliance members
- Invitation to CIVICUS and CHARM virtual events
- Opportunity to network with other media professionals working on similar issues
- Journalists must be from Africa
- Open to journalists who publish or broadcast with local, regional, national or international media organisations
- Open to journalists covering issues/events on civil society, media, gender, labour, LGBTQI+, and environmental and indigenous rights
- Preference will be given to multi-skilled journalists who can produce content for different platforms
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Drama for Life