Deadline: August 10, 2020
Applications are open for the African Women’s Development Fund (AWDF) Main Grants 2020.
The AWDF is a grant-making foundation that supports local, national and regional women’s organisations working towards the empowerment of African women and the promotion and realisation of their rights.
- Organisations will get minimum of $20,000
- Open to Women-led organisations, with a majority women staff and board
- Organisations should have stated commitment to supporting women and/or advancing women’s rights/gender equality in their mission/vision
- Open to organisations registered in any African country, and working at the local, national, subregional or regional African levels
- Organisations should, preferably, have been in existence for at least three years
- Organisations have to produce evidence (relevant certificates) to show their legal existence
- Organisations should show how the funding proposal fits into the organisation’s overall strategy for the area of work or community in which it is located
- Organisations have to demonstrate how their work fits into either a local, national or regional strategy for the empowerment of African women
- Organisations should have basic organisational systems and structures in place
- Organisation should have a clear evaluation plan for the project, including what they aim to achieve and to change, and measures to track progress
- Plans for sustainability including raising additional or further funding to keep the initiative going
- Organisation should be able to demonstrate that they can manage funds and account for them in a transparent manner