Deadline: 31 August, 2020
African Climate and Development Initiative (ACDI) at the University of Cape Town has announced a call for application for the Postdoctoral Research Fellowship (PDRF).
It was gathered that students will be motivated to work as part of a diverse research team, engage with decision-makers in food systems and conservation, and generate peer-reviewed publications.
- The value of the fellowship is ZAR 330,000 per year, with extension for a second year dependent on performance and funding
- Application for tax exemption of the fellowship stipend will be made by the university
- A PhD, awarded within the previous five years, in Biodiversity, Food Systems, Agriculture Impact Modelling, Climate Change, Conservation Biology, Ecology, or a related field
- Demonstrated ability to produce peer-reviewed research articles in international journals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Desire and ability to work in and coordinate an international and interdisciplinary team
- Experience of handling large datasets
- Excellent technical ability to code in R and/or Python, including analysis of biodiversity, agriculture, climate or other geospatial datasets
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: UBC Media