Deadline: 10 July, 2020
UONGOZI Institute has announced this year’s Leadership Essay Competition, the eighth since inception. Similar to previous years, this year’s topic aims to solicit thoughts on the theme of African leadership.
Essay entries should respond to the following question: if you were an African leader, how would you promote African intra-trade to unlock agricultural potential on the continent?
The Leadership Essay Competition is organised annually by UONGOZI Institute to provide a space for the youth of Africa and the next generation of leaders in the region to contribute to important discussions on leadership and sustainable development.
- A grand prize of $2,000 will be awarded to the overall winner
- Up to five winners will be selected
- The winners will receive their awards at a prize-giving event, which will be held online during the African Leadership Forum (the ceremony will be attended by former African Heads of State and other distinguished leaders from the public sector, private sector, academia, and civil society)
- The overall winner will be asked to read the winning essay at the event
- Applicants must be African citizens between 18–25 years
To enter and for more information, click here.
Photo source: UONGOZI Institute