What: Towards Effective Approaches for Girls’ Engagement and Excellence: Preparing African Girls for the 21st Century Skills
Where: Kampala, Uganda
The Forum for Africa Women Educationists (FAWE) will host the second International Conference on Girls’ Education in Africa in Kampala, Uganda. The exact date is to be confirmed between August and December, 2020. The theme of the conference is, ‘Towards Effective Approaches for Girls’ Engagement and Excellence: Preparing African Girls for the 21st Century Skills’.
The overall objective of the conference is to provide a platform for researchers, academicians, students, scientists, innovators and other professionals from Sub-Saharan Africa to share progress, challenges and contemporary development trends in the field of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) and to provide an opportunity to explore alternative ways for thinking about preparing African girls for the 21st century.
The five sub-themes of the conference are
- Increasing girls’ participation in STEM
- Responsive and quality Technical and Vocational Education (TVET)
- Teacher capacity-building (Gender Responsive Pedagogy) for STEM
- Education policies for STEM
- Lessons and opportunities on education management during a pandemic
To attend and for more information, click here.
Photo source: USAID in Africa