Deadline: 01 July, 2020
Location: Yaounde, Cameroon
World Health Organisation (WHO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Accounting/Finance Assistant.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
- Provide support to the planning, implementation and monitoring and evaluation process for interventions
- Follow up on grant agreements signed within the framework of the project
- Organise and monitor capacity building for beneficiaries on the administrative, accounting and financial procedures in force
- Ensure project cash management
- Support the preparation of budgets
- Verify the compliance of disbursements made for the activities provided for in the programme implementation plan, as officially approved
- Respect the rules and procedures of WHO with regard to the allocations and availability of funds as well as their justification
- Monitor payments made under the programme
- Control the liquidation of the advances, target the supporting documents in return, certify the expenses and give discharge to beneficiaries
- Master’s in Accounting, Management or Finance
- Qualification or professional certification in Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation or in a similar field
- Two years, minimum, of experience in an accounting or financial management position
- Three years, minimum, of experience in a position of responsibility and supervision of staff
- Skills in teamwork and in the use of software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Epi Info etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of French or English, with a good working knowledge of the other language
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: USAID Africa