Deadline: 10 July, 2020
Location: Dakar, Senegal
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Partnerships Officer.
The WFP is the world’s largest humanitarian agency.
- Share corporate partnership strategies, normative guidance and standards with the Country Offices and ensure that they are adhered to
- Support the development of partnerships strategies by the Country Offices by providing both strategic and technical advice
- Proactively support Country Offices in their partner engagement and fundraising efforts by supporting their partnership landscape analysis and sharing good practices
- Provide technical advice and assistance to the Country Offices throughout the process of fundraising and fund management, including advocacy, preparation of proposals and agreements, grant negotiation and contribution management as well as reporting, taking into account corporate norms, processes, legal agreements and external regulations
- Ensure quality control of content by engaging with relevant functional units and headquarters
- Ensure the proper sharing of necessary knowledge and skills among the partnerships officers in the region, by organising webinars, facilitating knowledge sharing, and supporting organisation of regional workshops
- Advanced university degree in Political Science, International Affairs, Humanitarian Studies, Development Studies, Marketing, Public Relations or any other relevant areas, or first university degree with additional years of related work experience
- Three years, minimum, of relevant professional experiences in partnerships management in the humanitarian or development operations
- External partnership/relationship management
- Resource mobilisation including preparation of proposals and reports
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Information management, analytics and reporting
- Fluency in English (mandatory) and French (strongly preferred)
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Afropicmusing