Deadline: 05 August, 2020
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
The World Food Programme (WFP) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Administration Officer.
The WFP is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
- Manage and oversee all administrative functions for WFP Nigeria including light fleet, facilities, protocol, travel and assets for the Nigeria country office
- Provide technical support and leadership to the development and management of administrative functions across WFP Nigeria, notably the area office and sub offices
- Lead the development and implementation of WFP corporate and complex regional/country plans, including innovative administrative processes, aligned with regional and wider WFP strategies and policies to ensure efficient and effective administration services
- Lead the preparation of complex data analysis to provide management and clients with the accurate information and reports for efficient planning and decision making
- Develop robust reporting and data dashboards to monitor administrative activities
- Develop and refine management systems to support the administrative functions
- Ensure robust oversight and anti-fraud management
- Advanced university degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Public Administration or a related field; or first university degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses
- Eight years, minimum, of professional relevant experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- Proven experience in administration and cross-functional working knowledge
- Proven experience in leading multiple projects and providing substantial strategic input into function policies
- Proven experience in providing high-quality customer service in complex environments
- Knowledge of public procurement procedures, international contract formats and asset management procedures
- Proven experience in managing, developing and coaching multi-disciplinary teams in an international environment
- Fluency (level C) in English language (written and spoken)
- Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or Portuguese (WFP’s working language)
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Alex Roberts