Deadline: 17 July, 2020
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Communications Specialist.
The mission of UNOPS is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
- Implement communications strategies and procedures
- Advise on the project and programme communication, including strategy, branding and communication outputs
- Track and report on communication impacts and analytics
- Support key communications events like the GEF, UNEA, MEA COPs
- Manage the timely submission of key reports such as monthly updates and inputs
- Manage web content
- Manage the UNEP/GEF website and UNEP/GEF’s contributions to the corporate website
- Oversee the production of works provided by consultants
- Contribute to content of agreed work plans
- Actively participate and provide sound contributions in the recruitment processes of consultants in charge of delivering content of agreed work plans
- Advanced university degree (master’s or equivalent) in Journalism, Communications or a related field
- University degree (bachelor or equivalent) with a combination of relevant academic qualifications and extensive practical experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree
- Five years, minimum, of work experience in communications or journalism
- Proven experience in multimedia production
- One year, minimum, of experience in copywriting and video/audio production
- Fluency in written and oral English
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Heinrich Boell Stiftung