Deadline: 10 July, 2020
Location: Juba, South Sudan
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications Senior Officer.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
- Review the requirement of the project Communication and Visibility Plan (CVP), implement and manage a communication and branding action plan for EU Projects to strengthen communication in support of the programme strategic goals
- Provide support to the EU projects to boost their visibility and awareness including identification of key stories, content, lessons learned, and achievements
- Support the Project manager and the Deputy Project Manager in liaising with the donor, IP’s, other UN agencies and UNOPS communications teams on communications initiatives and messaging
- Under the guidance of the Project Manager and Deputy Project Manager; support the content development, editing, production and dissemination of communication and marketing materials for the project
- In liaison with the team ensure that the quality of translation of CVP material to local languages
- Maintain and regularly visit and update the CIIS and Capacity4Dev websites and/or other information and communications platforms
- Collaborate and coordinate with external vendors and consultants for visibility and protocol materials
- Coordinate corporate social platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, Youtube, etc. and local social media campaigns for special events and topics
- Master’s degree in Communications, Media Technology, Journalism, Graphic Design, Public Information, Political or Social Science, International Relations, Development Studies or other relevant discipline is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Media Technology, Journalism, Graphic Design, Public Information, Political or Social Science, International Relations, Development Studies or other relevant discipline with a combination of two additional years of relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree
- Two years, minimum, work experience in a communications role is required
- Skills in Adobe Creative Cloud and Editing is required (two years of each)
- Experience with online communications and social media is an asset
- Experience/knowledge of Google Suite is an asset
- Work experience in developing/post-conflict countries is desirable
- Work experience in the East Africa region is desirable
- Fluency in written and spoken English Language is required
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: mLab Southern Africa