Deadline: 06 July, 2020
The ITF-NECA Technical Skills Development Project (TSDP) is a joint initiative by the Industrial Training Fund (ITF) and Nigeria Employers’ Consultative Association (NECA) designed to promote the availability of middle-level manpower with the appropriate technical and vocational skills to meet the identified needs of industries in Nigeria.
The mission of the project is to promote technical and vocational education through a public-private partnership for the purpose of ensuring availability of highly skilled technical manpower for the industrial sector of the Nigerian economy.
The TSDP currently provides empowerment in the following skill areas:
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Mechanical Maintenance
- Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Machining and Pipe-fitting (Plumbing)
- Welding and Fabrication
- Production Welding
- Maintenance Welding
- Electrical and Electronics Maintenance
- Auto Mechanics/Mechatronics
- Instrumentation (Automation and Process Control)
- Building Construction
- Agriculture and Agro-Allied Industry
- Globally recognised certification programme for employability
- Skills in critical competencies required to create wealth and be self-employed
- Mentorship opportunities to become entrepreneurs capable of starting and running a sustainable technology-based business
- Free tuition, lunch and stipend (the programme is non-residential)
- Good numerical ability and fluency in communication
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 35 years
- Must have a passion for exploring a technical career
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Lydur Skulason