Location: Maiduguri, Nigeria
Médecins du Monde has opened applications for the role of General Coordinator.
The company currently works in more than 35 countries across all continents where it focuses on five priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
- Lead and direct the MdM Nigeria programme
- Represent MdM and take a leading role in developing, overseeing, implementing, reviewing and monitoring the country programme strategy
- Develop new programming initiatives, new partnerships and maintain existing partnerships and actively lead key phases of ongoing programmes
- Promote fundraising initiatives, ensuring the smooth running of the country programme and its financial and grant management as well as the programme’s sustainability
- Supervise HR and finance
- Supervise two bases within the country (Maiduguri main office and Damboa base) and one base in Abuja which supports operations
- Manage the coordination team comprising finance coordinator, HR coordinator, logistics coordinator, programme coordinator, field coordinator and grants officer, and supervise a team of approximately 150 people
- Extensive experience in a similar position in the humanitarian sector
- Experience in supervision and management of a large expatriate and national team
- Experience in representation with humanitarian actors, authorities and donors
- Experience in hard negotiations with local authorities, partners and staff
- Solid experience in a volatile security context and in security management
- Experience in managing health programme is an asset
- Ability to have a global overview of a programme
- Excellent communication, listening and diplomacy skills
- Working previously in Nigeria or in the region is an asset
- Ability to take effective decisions according to the context
- Excellent knowledge of windows environment and Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel applications
- English Language is mandatory (oral and written), and knowledge of country languages such as Hausa or French is an asset
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Tornos News