Deadline: 02 August, 2020
JamLab seeks applications from committed and creative journalists and media makers who are passionate about fixing what is not working in southern African media.
JamLab is also seeking journalists who want to create new media to serve new audiences or bring new conversations or ideas to the public.
The six-month hothouse accelerator programme provides participants with the tools, facilities, contacts, and support necessary to realise their ideas and ambitions.
- A six-month fellowship at Wits Journalism
- Free workspace at the new Tshimologong Precinct co-working space
- Mentorship and coaching from experienced media, startup and tech experts and entrepreneurs
- Free places on a three-month ‘Creating the Media’ certificate course at Wits
- Access to a software development team at Tshimologong
- Opportunities to pitch to potential investors and funders
- Access to the network which includes, but not limited to, programme alumni.
- Applicants must be citizens of any of Angola, Botswana, eSwatini, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, Zambia, and Zimbabwe
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: JamLab