Deadline: 10 August, 2020
Applications are open for the Google Podcasts Creator Programme 2020. The programme is a partnership between Google and PRX that trains, mentors, and provides resources to underrepresented voices in podcasting worldwide.
Last year, the two organisations welcomed early-stage producers from Brazil, Chile, Colombia, India, Kenya, Lebanon, Spain, and the United States. This year, the programme will serve creators from every part of the world who have produced at least five episodes of their podcast since January 2019, and who want to advance their skills and take their productions to the next level.
The 12-week training will be entirely virtual and conducted by PRX alongside international industry experts and Google Podcasts creator programme alumni.
- Training on topics such as storytelling, sound design, and reaching audiences through marketing and engagement
- Regular feedback on all aspects of production, including editorial and technical input
- Equipment and software to help meet independent production needs amid the challenging circumstances of the Covid-19 pandemic
- Up to $12,000 in funding for use as they see fit for productions
- Have published at least five episodes of podcast since January 2019
- Willing to pause production during the programme
- Represent a range of geographies, backgrounds, views, voices and styles
- Interested in making podcast sustainable through teamwork, openness to iteration and change, and pursuing revenue and audience growth
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Cesar Solorzano