Deadline: 07 July, 2020
Location: Rome, Italy
Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Project Officer (Food Systems).
FAO is a specialised agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
- Provide technical leadership assistance on the development, implementation and evaluation of assigned programmes/projects
- Coordinate of programmes and reviews the assessments of issues and trends for the implementation of programmes and projects and the preparation of impact evaluation or equivalent studies
- Supervise preparation of various written outputs, e.g. background papers, analysis, substantial sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications
- Contribute to consultative and other meetings, conferences, including proposals for agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations
- Participate in activities such as structuring of training workshops, seminars
- Makes presentations on assigned topics/activities
- Lead field missions, including provision of guidance to external consultants, government officials and other parties
- Provide advice on the development of policies and strategies, as well as national protocols and guidelines for projects with specific domains related to FAO’s work
- Advanced university degree in Political Sciences, Business Administration, Agricultural Economics, Development Economics, Rural Sociology, Food Security and Nutrition or related field
- Seven years, minimum, of relevant experience in technical cooperation related activities, policy advice and analysis relating to food and nutrition security, agriculture and rural development, monitoring and evaluation of policies and programmes
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of one of the other FAO official languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish)
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: IBM Research