Deadline: 03 July, 2020
Location: Accra, Ghana
Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Associate (Operations).
FAO is a specialised agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
- Coordinate the preparation, submission, revision and follow-up of the departmental programme of work and budget, and the monitoring and provision of information on programme implementation
- Coordinate, review and analyse the departmental periodic budgetary reports for final submission to the Office of Strategic Planning
- Assemble and synthesise data from corporate and departmental databases to facilitate the analysis of programmes, projects or activities, and to draft periodic or ad hoc management reports
- Monitor departmental projects and ensure the maintenance and retrieval of programming reference material, documentation, data and information
- Consolidate and monitor various reports on departmental human resources planning and expenditures, the use of non-staff resources, the departmental communication and publishing plans, IT plans, and travel schedules
- Screen incoming correspondence to identify issues requiring further attention and draft related correspondence
- Secondary school education
- Five years of experience in administrative/financial/planning/programming/budgeting activities for both regular programmes and projects
- Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other official languages of the organisation
- Knowledge of the Field Programme Management Information System (FPMIS)
- Project management skills
- Excellent communications skill, both orally and in writing, on technical materials for audiences at different levels of technical expertise
- Good knowledge of the MS Office applications, internet and office technology equipment
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: USArmyAfrica