Deadline: 02 July, 2020
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant.
FAO is a specialised agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
- Collect and prepare data and background information in the areas of FAO activities (agriculture, forestry, fisheries, rural / sustainable development) in accordance with instructions received
- Provide support to the preparation of technical programme work and travel plans
- Follow up the implementation of activities to ensure that they are carried out in line with the work and travel plans
- Review inputs, expenditures and time frames, liaising with supervisor for necessary action, as required
- Enter data and other information in corporate databases (i.e. PIRES, FPMIS)
- Analyse and summarise data from various sources, including FAO corporate systems, such as COIN, iMIS, FPMIS, Data Warehouse (iMIS), country databases, etc.
- Collect and compile data to assist in determining the availability of funds under SFE technical programmes to support a variety of procurement requirements, before submission of requests for administrative processing, ensuring that budget charge codes are indicated on requests
- Provide support to the preparation of draft Letters of Agreements (LoA) funded from SFE technical programme budgets
- Ensure that required supporting documents are prepared
- Completion of secondary school education preferably supplemented by technical courses in a field related to the work under this assignment and FAO’s programme activities
- Four years of clerical and/or programme experience, including analysing, processing and editing of information and data and record keeping
- UN experience is an advantage
- Working knowledge of English and local language of Amharic
- Nationality of Ethiopia
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: USAID Africa