Deadline: 30 July, 2020
Location: Maiduguri, Nigeria
The Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of National Security Specialist.
The FAO is a specialised agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
- Provide professional security and safety service to enable FAO programme delivery
- Monitor the security environment in the area of responsibility (AoR) of FAO Maiduguri and provide timely and accurate security information/advice to the FAO Maiduguri office management and, upon request, to the regional security officer at the FAO regional office for Africa (RAF) and FAO security service (CSDS) at headquarters
- Assists FAO Maiduguri management to ensure continuing compliance with the United Nations security policies, practices and procedures and ensure their implementation in the AoR
- Coordinate all security related issues at the FAO Maiduguri office with the aim of protecting personnel, premises, assets and operations
- Maintain close security coordination with UNDSS, UNSMS security focal points with government counterparts and other local authorities in the AoR (political and humanitarian, police, military, etc.)
- Provide written reports and assist FAO staff with compiling security incident reports
- Participate in security cell meetings and provide input to United Nations security management system and processes
- Conduct security planning, coordination and provide operational support to FAO field missions
- Advanced university degree (for consultants) in Risk or Emergency Management, Social/Political Science, Military Science, Public Administration, Law Enforcement, Law or a closely related technical field
- Five years, minimum, of experience in security risk management or safety and security service in a national security and/or military/police setting, including two years in a leadership role
- Extent and relevance of experience in risk management, safety and security services
- Extent and relevance of experience, preferably in the UN security management system
- Extent and relevance of experience in the formulation, implementation and monitoring of safety and security policies
- Demonstrated experience in writing concise reports in English
- Working knowledge of English (level C)
- Nationality of Nigeria
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: USAID in Africa