Deadline: 10 July, 2020
Location: Rome, Italy
Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Data Management and Geographic Information System (GIS) Specialist.
FAO is a specialised agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
- Review and verify large sets of data, control consistency across various tools and formats
- Report issues and collaborate with relevant colleagues to take corrective action
- Conduct data entry in database
- Provide data and inputs for global reporting deliverables, such as the Global Report on Food Crises (GRFC), early warning early action reports, reports to the United Nations (UN) security council, etc
- Develop continuous improvement mechanisms (feedback, lessons learned, documentation of common issues, etc.) and recommend solutions to solve data inconsistencies
- Maintain an updated archive of collected data and reports
- Participate in the review and testing of new information management tools
- Produce maps to support the Integrated Food Security Phase Classification (IPC) Global Support Unit and manage shape files produced in IPC Analyses
- University education in Social Sciences, Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Geospatial Information Science, Remote Sensing, Cartography, Geography or a related field
- One year, minimum, of work experience for base level assignments or at least five years for middle-level assignments in data processing and management, GIS and other relevant fields
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of French or Spanish
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: GovernmentZA