Deadline: 15 July, 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Head of Programme.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations, refugees, internally displaced persons (IDPs) and host communities in conflict areas.
- Lead and manage the programme staff (including people planning, performance, well-being, and development)
- Enable and oversee effective, efficient, and timely implementation of all projects according to agreed contracts, budgets, policies and in accordance with specific donor requirements
- Ensure that relevant beneficiary data is collected, compiled, analysed, and distributed and that relevant assessments are conducted in the project area
- Provide regular internal and external reports, and other relevant information on programme activities, policy matters and external relations
- Deliver inputs to programme strategy and identify opportunities for new projects
- Lead assessments for emergency or longer-term programming in existing or new project locations in Libya
- Lead the planning and development of concept papers, budgets, and project proposals with support from country team
- Seven years, minimum, of experience in relevant field
- Four years, minimum, of experience managing people
- Experienced in managing programme operations, including at country senior management level
- Proven leadership skills and competence in people management
- Experienced in developing proposal and budget, and implementing programme
- Experienced in effectively coordinating with national partners, local/government authorities, NGO partners, UNHCR and other relevant stakeholders
- Full professional proficiency in English
- Knowledge of Arabic is an advantage
- Master’s degree in Political Science, International Development, Economics or another relevant field
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: IFLA