Deadline: 12 July, 2020
The Centre for International Migration and Development (CIM) has issued a call for proposals on innovative business ideas that are designed to be realised in an African country of origin. The CIM Business Ideas for Development will provide support for such projects. Business Ideas for Development is addressed to migrants living in Germany who are considering starting up a business in their country of origin.
CIM is jointly run by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH and the German Federal Employment Agency. It has been providing a combination of development and labour market policy expertise since 1980.
- CIM finances services of up to €5,000
- Ideas must be realisable within 12 months and necessary startup capital must have already been raised
- Applicants must originally come from Cameroon, Ghana, Morocco, Nigeria or Tunisia
- Applicants must currently reside in Germany
- At the time of selection by Business Ideas for Development, the business must not yet have been officially established (this means that it has not yet been authenticated by a notary or registered with the authorities)
- The business must have the potential to create added value in the target country perhaps because it is seen as innovative or because it offers solutions to existing social challenges or environmental problems or because it creates jobs and therefore prosperity and opens up new prospects
- Projects must appear feasible in the light of the prevailing conditions, opportunities and limitations in the target country
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: ICPAC