Deadline: 13 July, 2020
The African Women’s Development Fund (AWDF) is seeking proposals for its World Aids Day 2020. AWDF will make grants to African women’s rights organisations and groups, to support activities that address mental health and emotional wellbeing for women living with HIV and AIDS.
AWDF encourages innovative projects that will involve women living with HIV and AIDS in their leadership, design and implementation. AWDF will prioritise activities that focus on women living in hard to reach areas and difficult circumstances.
AWDF instituted the World AIDS Day grants programme to support women’s rights organisations to actively participate in the global campaign and keep African women’s priorities around HIV and AIDS on the African and global agenda. The programme seeks to support women’s organisations to raise their voices and support the leadership of women living with HIV and AIDS.
- The grant size is a $2,000
- The grant period will be for four months from the date of award
- Projects should have a budget of not more than $2,000 to be supported by AWDF funds
- AWDF particularly welcomes applications from organisations of women living with HIV and AIDS, women’s organisations working on improving the mental health of women and from young women’s groups
- Organisation must have been in existence for at least three years
- Organisation must be duly registered, at least with its local government authority
- Organisation must be led by a woman and have a focus on women’s rights
- Organisation must have the needed organisational structures for effective implementation of the project
- Organisation must have a strong financial management system to properly account for funds received
- Organisation must be capable of reporting back on the outcomes of the project
- Organisation must be highly recommended by a donor agency, a grantee or partner of AWDF, a well-known women’s rights organisation or the local government office
- Organisation must complete the necessary application forms
- Organisation must have an annual budget of not more than $100,000
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: AWDF