Deadline: 30 August, 2020
The African Early Childhood Network (AfECN) has opened applications for the third cohort of the Africa Early Childhood Research Fellowship Programme.
The AfECN was registered in Kenya in 2015 as a non-profit professional network to serve as a platform for championing and promoting excellence and collaboration in ensuring positive early childhood outcomes in Africa.
AfECN advocates protection of children’s rights, influences policy and practice, strengthens partnerships, and shares experiences and knowledge in early childhood development on the African continent.
- Participation in one fully funded face-face meeting of research fellows and mentors
- Placement(s) with partner agencies in a position to support and benefit from the work of a research fellow in the area of research interest
- Seed grants of $4,500 guided by the fellow’s research plan
- Guidance from mentors and mentorship groups who will engage with research fellows throughout the programme including at face-face meeting and bi-monthly telephone conferences
- Support to attend a conference and to facilitate dissemination of research findings
- Linkages and connection to research funding opportunities and ECD networks
- Award of certificate of compliance
- Applicants must be doctoral degree holders who completed their PhD programmes within the last five years
- Applicants must not be older than 40 years
- Applicants must be citizens or established residents in a Sub-Saharan African country
- Be affiliated to African universities or research institutes and be in the early stages of their research careers in ECD-related areas
- Recommended disciplines include Early Childhood Studies, Social Studies, Foods, Nutrition and Dietetics, Health Sciences, Communication and Media Studies, and Law.
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: AfECN