Deadline: 02 July, 2020
The Arab Fund for Arts and Culture (AFAC) has launched a call for applications for the Artist Support Grant, in solidarity with artists and independent cultural practitioners under confinement across the Arab region, and whose creative practices and incomes are being adversely impacted by Covid-19.
The Artist Support Grant aims to extend support to affected independent artists to support their artistic practice over a period of three to six months. Envisioned as a sabbatical grant, the support is meant to accommodate new ideas for projects under confinement as well as ongoing efforts to strengthen artistic practices through research, reflections, and writings, taking into consideration the appropriateness of the project’s nature and medium to the grant’s amount and duration. In order to maximise the benefit of the grant, artists are encouraged to apply.
The grant amount is $3,000
- Only independent artists from or residing in the Arab region are eligible
- Submission must be for an original work or the continuation of an existing work than can be developed under confinement (research or design phase of an upcoming project or the adaptation of current practices and creative projects using new mediums of delivery or new technology are welcome)
- A demonstrable need for support, including a convincing short-term creative idea or continued project is required
- Ideas should not require team effort
- Implementation plans should not go beyond six months
- Priority will be given to those artists who are not benefitting from other existing emergency support schemes nor have a current open grant from AFAC
To apply and for more information, click here.
Photo source: Ralf Steinberger